This Week in Grace – Sept. 24-30
This Week in Grace …
The First Word
7 And he preached, saying, “After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
(Mark 1:7-8 ESV) We preach not ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord. As John the baptizer understood, He must increase and we must decrease. This is the way to true and lasting joy where we lose ourselves in the wonder of Jesus and His steadfast love.
- Porterbrook Bible Training: There is still time to get registered…. but time is definitely ticking. We are having a make up session next week for those who missed the introductory session. You need to apply before attending. Application forms found HERE.
- C2C Cadre with Jeff Vandersteldt and Caesar Kalinowski in Edmonton on Thursday Oct. 4: This is a one day event focused on missional communities. I am going and would love to have as many join in as possible. I do not yet know the cost as online registration info has not yet been posted. I am planning to drive to Edmonton after the work day on Wed. Oct 3. The training is during the day until around 3:30 pm. We would then head back to Saskatoon that afternoon, so everyone can be home for work on Friday! Thus, you would only need to take one day off of work, and it would be a great road trip, if we travelled together. If you are interested please let Murray know.
The Gospel Project for Grace Kids
- We still could use another 3 volunteers to round out the schedule, but we are thankful to have enough volunteers to get started. This Sunday, Sept. 30 will be our third week in the Gospel Project. A big thank you to all our volunteers who set aside their own agenda to love others in this way. You are a picture of the Gospel.
- Week two – Parents’ take home letter can be found HERE.
- Trailer Hunter: I (Murray) would like someone to come with me to find and, Lord willing, make a purchase of a trailer that will meet our needs as a church. You do not have to be a “trailer whisperer” but must at least have more knowledge than I do, or it will simply be a remake of Dumb and Dumber!
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, Baptism of Repentance , from Mark 1:2-8 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
From the Blog
The Last Word
2 As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,
“Behold, I send my messenger before your face,
who will prepare your way,
3 the voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight,’”
(Mark 1:2-3 ESV)