This Week in Grace – Oct. 8-14, 2012
This Week in Grace …
The First Word
30 Now Simon’s mother-in-law lay ill with a fever, and immediately they told him about her. 31 And he came and took her by the hand and lifted her up, and the fever left her, and she began to serve them. (Mark 1:30-31 ESV)
This past Sunday, we had a great question regarding the significance of the order here – first the healing and then Peter’s mother-in-law serving them. This truly is the difference between religion (which says if you obey or serve then God will bless or heal or accept you) and the Gospel of Jesus and his amazing grace (who heals and saves and redeems – therefore we obey and serve out of love and thanksgiving). There is no hope for sinful, broken people in religion’s cry of “DO”. There is great hope and reason to celebrate in the Gospel’s cry of “DONE!” May our service always be the overflowing response to Jesus’ incredible grace to us in lifting us up out of our sin and death.
• Lighthouse Bible study Our next Bible study at the Lighthouse will be this Tuesday, Oct. 9th. Information can be found HERE.
• Pizza Sunday Oct. 14: Immediately following our Sunday morning gathering at the Galaxy, join us for lunch in the lobby. (If you are not a pizza van, or are on a special diet, bring your own lunch). This is a great time to connect.
• Task Force Meeting – Sat. Oct.13 – This coming Saturday morning, our leadership will be joined by the C2C provincial director and C2C national associate director in our quarterly task force meeting. If you have items of consideration, insight, or concern etc. that you would like us to address as we meet and pray and evaluate and lookahead, please contact Murray this week so it can be put on the agenda.
• Prayer – Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Join a number of us who gather at the Galaxy Theatre to pray for God’s purposes and fame each Sunday from 9:30 am until around 10:00 am.
The Gospel Project for Grace Kids
- We still could use another 2 volunteers to round out the schedule, but we are thankful to have enough volunteers to have saturated. get started. A big thank you to all our volunteers who set aside their own agenda to love others in this way. You are a picture of the Gospel.
- Week four – Parents’ take home letter can be found HERE. A Unit review for families can be found HERE.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, One with Authority, from Mark 1:21-34 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
This Coming Sunday: Murray will be preaching from Mark 1:35-45. Prayerfully read and meditate on this passage in preparation.
From the Blog
The Last Word
28 And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee. (Mark 1:28 ESV)
May it also be true of Saskatoon!
Categories: Blog, Church, This Week in Grace