This Week in Grace – Nov. 26 – Dec. 2, 2012
This Week in Grace …
The First Word
2 And they watched Jesus, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him. 3 And he said to the man with the withered hand, “Come here.” 4 And he said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?” But they were silent. (Mark 3:2-4 ESV) Oh, how religious people can miss the point of the Sabbath. You can “keep a day” and not truly Sabbath – where we enjoy God and love people out of an overflow of joyful rest in the finished work of Jesus. You can be working and finding Sabbath rest in your soul (Matt. 11:28-30). Jesus came and created a new people gathered around Himself. In Him we find true Sabbath rest that knows no end.
A big thank you to Murray’s Gospel Community for their help in the set-up and take-down! Sammy’s group is on for this coming week. (One note: please make sure once the trailer is loaded that the back door gets closed! The past couple of weeks it has been left wide open for anyone to walk away with equipment).
Though the turn out for “Taste of the World” was small, the food and fellowship was great. This coming Sunday is our pizza lunch following our gathering.
If anyone needs a ride on Sunday mornings, please call ahead and we can arrange that. Don’t let a lack of a ride be the reason you miss out!
Parents, if you have children in the Gospel Project, don’t miss the story cards and material found below that you can use at home to review the lessons with your kids!
Talk to Rob Ferguson this week if you would like to be added to the front door greeters rotation.
Grace and peace,
• Lighthouse Bible study Our next Bible study at the Lighthouse will be this Tuesday, Nov. 27. Information can be found HERE.
• Prayer – Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Join a number of us who gather at the Galaxy Theatre to pray for God’s purposes and fame each Sunday from 9:30 am until around 10:00 am. usually in theatre #6.
- Pizza Lunch – Sunday, Dec. 2
- Tentative date for Christmas Party and shower for Elijah Burlando is Sunday, Dec. 16th. Looking for a volunteer to organize the details of this event for us. Is there anyone willing to take this on?
• Christmas Pageant – Sunday, Dec. 23rd at the Galaxy. Let Murray know what you, your family, or community group will be bringing for the edification of the church family! So far we only have two items on the agenda.
The Gospel Project for Grace Kids
- We still could use another couple of volunteers to round out the schedule, but we are thankful to have enough volunteers to have a great start. A big thank you to all our volunteers who set aside their own agenda to love others in this way. You are a picture of the Gospel.
- Parents’ take home letter can be found HERE. A Unit review for families can be foundHERE (Unit 3). Print off a copy to use with your child (ren) at home during the week.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, Jesus: Fulfillment of the Sabbath, from Mark 3:1-6 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
Make sure to update your profile on the city to help people get to know you. Include a picture (that is so helpful for everyone trying to match faces and names and family connections). Some of you have moved or have new phone numbers – please update those as well.
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
From the Blog
The Last Word
3 For we who have believed enter that rest (Heb. 4:3a)
Categories: Blog, This Week in Grace